Monday, October 18, 2010

Chosen

After picking a few bedtime stories out and plopping into the chair tonight, I called for my girls to climb into my lap and journey through one of their favorite books, "The very hungry caterpillar". After we finished we read our bible story. Tonight it was about Mary, and how she was "chosen" by God to do this amazing task. And how amazing it is that God has chosen us to be "Children of God" and to be part of his family.

Sometimes my day is just SO overwhelming with 4 little ones, some days it's a BLAST! And some day's I just want to get up, get dressed and go to an office and send them off to someone else for 8 hours! But even on days like that, the thought of someone else being with my babies for 8 hours, hugging on them, and kissing on them...or even yelling at them and spanking them would make me a bit jealous! So I'm thankful I can stay home to raise my girls!

As they sat in my lap tonight, I started picturing them as women. I'm not sure if any other mother does this but since the day I named them I've had a vision of what each one would be when they became women.

A-, will be a Missionary Doctor, and will travel to different countries helping the sick and sharing the good news. She is such a people person and loves the Lord so much! She is bold and not afraid to show it!

S-, is such a loving sweet person, she will be a wise woman, maybe even with the gift of healing. Maybe a pastor's wife, a nurse, or a teacher. She will be a nurturer with great mercy for all.

E-, will be a people person as well. She will also have a heart for the lost, maybe be a missionary, or travel around speaking for Woman's ministries.

and

T-, T will be a fire ball! She will be so on fire for Christ and so ready to share the good news nothing will hold her back. I see her and E- even partnering in ministry singing together and reaching the lost!

Now I know that probably most of my vision of them will not come to pass, as most parents ideal life for their children does not, but I swear every now and then I get a glimpse of them as a woman. Sometimes in things they do, or say, or in the way they just love me. Sometimes while praying for them as I lay them down to sleep I see a picture of them as a woman flash before me and that picture is what makes it all worth it.

To think that every thing I do, say, or bring into our home is going to make, mold and transfer these little baby girls into God fearing, passionate, loving women some day is so exciting to me! Every time I have a baby, it's like a blank canvas to mix colors and texture and character with the intentions of a masterpiece! Every creation is loved, nurtured, and worthy of the time you put into it. How wonderful it will be one day to sit back in my old comfy chair, pull out "the very hungry caterpillar" and take that same journey with my little grand children who are being raised up by amazing Godly women. That, I believe, will be such a rewarding day to sit in awe of the masterpiece that God allowed me to craft along side Him.

Already I believe each of my girls are such a masterpiece. God is an amazing artist, and I'm so thankful he has "chosen" to share with me his knowledge to pass along to them!

So yeah having 4 close together is hard sometimes but, knowing that God has such great things in store for them, make it all worth every second!

No comments:

Post a Comment