Thursday, May 17, 2012

A small update of the day....

This blog has become my sounding board over the last several months.  I feel like if I miss a day writing because I have nothing worth writing about for a few days that I somehow have been cheated out of spending time striking the keys.  So funny since I used to hate writing!

Today was more of a catch up day than anything.  Nathan woke up still really sore from his shot on Monday.  He is having some relief from his normal symptoms; however, it has awakened new ones in the process.  One of the side effects is that it will cause his pain to flair up for a few days before settling down.  He had a 9:30 appointment this morning for physical therapy.  When he got home his back so so sore all he could do the rest of the day was sit!  They did give him some great advice on how to sleep better and a website where he can order a 60.00 pillow for his legs.

I spent the morning trying to stay awake.  I don't know why I've become so exhausted over the last two days but I just can't hardly get myself awake!  The girls all snuggled with me in the chair taking turns getting warm next to me under the blankets.  Then about 20 minutes before Nathan came home from his appointment I unknowingly fell asleep humming "martha speaks" under my breath.  When he woke me Hobble-bobble was passed out in my arms and everyone else was resting on the couch watching episode after episode of Martha Speaks and requesting that we have alphabet soup for lunch.

After Lunch I cleaned up the living room, and hoped into the car to buy tickets for Little Bear's ballet recital before I completely forgot about it!  I then made a stop by payless, to find shoes for a dress I'm wearing to a wedding (which was not successful), and then off to walmart to buy more exercise items that were mandatory for Nathan's improvement.  Once I got home I dug in the closet and pulled out a slip n' slide that I had bought for $1.00 at Target's end of the summer sale last year, then off we went!  The girls played, and ran, and slid, and drank, and splashed in the water until I finally couldn't stand the heat anymore and made them come inside.  We ordered pizza for dinner and I crammed in a quiz and all my math homework for next week, a discussion board for english and half of the reading for next week all into my night tonight.  I'd love to get ahead so in 8 weeks when all four of my classes overlap for two weeks I'm not pulling my hair out trying to get it all finished up!!

And here I am at 3:04am blogging away!  I'm completely exhausted, I've not been to bed yet and already I've refilled 3 milk cups, changed a diaper, filled 1 bottle, prayed for 1 bad dream, and now I just need to figure out how to get Pumpkin out of our bed and into her top bunk without waking her so I can go to bed. ~Goodnight!!

No comments:

Post a Comment