Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Dinner Menu for May-June 12

So I'm not great at sticking to a menu (which is why this is the first post on that on my blog).  With so much to do throughout the day and being so tired and pregnant by dinner-time, it is SO much easier to just call my husband and say "Hey, would you mind picking up some dinner tonight?"

This is how it has been in our home for the last year especially while I was going through PPD.  So after several months of getting things back in order around our home, getting the girls back to doing school, and catching up on laundry and dishes, I sat down to do our budget.  According to my calculations what we spend eating out and going to the grocery store last month was MORE than my mortgage payment!!  I was completely blown away!!

A few years back I had taken up the newest fad of couponing, however; once my post-pardom hit last year that was one of the first things I gave up!  I'm not back on track and ready to save as much as I can!!  I started the first week by getting a newspaper and clipping JUST WHAT I NEED for that week but keeping the inserts for later use.  I then made a menu for the entire month!!  I keep daily tabs on The Krazy Coupon Lady.  While I do not have the space in our current home to stockpile, I have been taking advantage of the freebies and moneymakers she has been posting during the week.  I make 1.50 at Walmart last week just buying a few things that I will never use!  But heck why not if they are paying me to do it!

As of today I am 9 days fast-food/Restaurant free!!  I'm hoping that this will be a great start for us eating not only cheaper but healthier!  One step at a time, first with no fast food then through changing certain items we purchase or making certain things myself in stead of buying them.  All in time though, I'm not trying to get ahead of myself!

So here is the menu for the rest of the month for your convenience.  I know for me it is so much easier to figure out what we will be having for dinner if I see what someone else is planning for their menu.  This first menu is pretty basic but hopefully as time goes on I will be able to get a little more creative with the meals.  Enjoy and if you would like a recipe feel free to ask!

5/28  Tuna Noodle Casserole
5/29 Meatloaf, Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans, Rolls
5/30 Breakfast: Eggs, Turkey Bacon, Toast
5/31 Mini naan Pizzas
6/1 Chicken Patty Sandwiches with Sweet potato fries
6/2 Left Overs/Sandwiches
6/3 Taco's
6/4 BBQ Chicken Sandwiches with Cole Slaw
6/5 Chicken Stroganoff, peas, Mashed potatoes
6/6 Whole Wheat Spaghetti, Salad, Rolls
6/7 Homemade Pizza
6/8 HAPPY BIRTHDAY HOBBLE-BOBBLE!!  Homemade cake, Chicken pot pie
6/9 Left Overs
6/10 Hot Dogs, Sweet Potato Fries
6/11 Our 8th Wedding Anniversay!!   Taco Salad
6/12 Golosh, rolls, salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment