Sunday, November 7, 2010

God's Little Princess

So last night I was sitting with my 4 year old cuddling before bed and she just looked up into my eyes and said, "Mommy am I God's little Princess?" Without a second thought I immediately replied "Of course you are baby!"

As I sat there watching her in my arms, I thought about her question. I wondered what must it be like for my children growing up KNOWING that they are in fact "God's little Princess?" My family didn't become believers until I was in middle school, so the thought of my children knowing they are a Princess of the King, from the time they were conceived is mind blowing to me! I wonder how different their lives will be from mine. I wonder if they will embrace this gift all their lives or will they rebel and push it as far away from them as they can get it. In reality I know that, that may end up being the case; but I also find comfort in knowing that if you "raise a child in the way they should go, they will not part from it." I realize there may be some straying but at least I know they will always come back.

In my own life, it took me a long time to realize my identity in Christ. I know so many others who struggle with that as well. But imagine if we lived our entire life with the standards that I'm "God's little Princess" I wonder what in our lives would be different. If I lived my entire life knowing I was a Princess of God, my standards would have been a lot higher; and I would have saved myself a lot of heartache!

Living that phrase out is life changing! I pray that as my girls grow up knowing they are "God's little Princess" instead of having to learn it later, it will save them from some of the heartache that I had to go through.

No comments:

Post a Comment