Friday, December 3, 2010

Christmas back to basics!

So I'm so extremely excited about Christmas this year! I want to do everything this year, from decorations, to gifts, to homemade cookies right down to my Christmas cards! The last few years email and Facebook has made it so easy to forgo the old-time tradition of a physical card, and I'll be the first to say I've taken advantage! But not this year!!

As I was looking at Shutterfly.com, I noticed the cutest Christmas cards! In my opinion these photo cards are so much better then the old traditional cards. Most of the time when I get those, I have to be honest, they end up in the trash after Christmas is over. But when I get the photo cards, I make a point to keep them!

It took me a while to pick one out because there were so many cute ones but I think I finally made my selection! This one! Cute right! I loved how it looks so much like a scrapbook page! When I'm ready to put it in my scrapbook all I have to do is glue it in! How easy is that! And the styles of cards to pick from are unlimited, you have definitely got to check them all out for yourselves!
I also ordered some from shutterfly.com last year and they turned out really great! I was thrilled with them! I can easily find a great layout that matches the photos I want to use every time, and can also search for them by how many photos I decide I want to use on the card. With these adorable designs this year, how could I not send out cards!

Also another thing I'm planning to do this year, is make some homemade gifts! Only problem is, I have such trouble finding cute things for people who are close to me, especially extended family (grandparents, cousins, in-laws etc.) Again as I searched the shutterfly.com site, I came across their calendars! and they were PERFECT! Just load up your photos pick your designs and voila! No one can resist an entire book with pictures of cute little girls on it that just happens to be a calendar! Totally a gift you can't go wrong with!

2 comments:

  1. yeah, At first i thought you were going to hand make your cards, LOL. That would mean you would ahve to get your paper and glue out! I bought the best Magazine by BHG called Food Gifts a bit pricey, but I love it. So, many fabulous conatiner ideas and tons and tons of recipes.Did you get our card?

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, no not for the cards. I'm actually going to be getting my paper and glue back out soon! I bought a scrap calendar to do for Tenli's fist year. Usually I have one I buy that is a baby's first year but couldn't find one this year so I just bought one from Michaels and will be putting it together soon! That is her Christmas gift ;)

    ReplyDelete