Monday, May 7, 2012

Late to church...

So our quest to get back on schedule with going to church on Sundays officially started yesterday.  It was a really rough day but we were determined to get to church no matter what!

My morning started with waking up from a nightmare with Pumpkin (6) in my bed staring at me.     She said, "mommy why do you look so sad while you are sleeping?"  I told her because I had a bad dream!  Once we were up and about we fed the girls breakfast which they refused to sit down and eat.  I started bath water put all four in the bath.  Nathan washed and I dried.  He would wrap one in a towel and sent them into the living room to me where I would lotion them, diaper them, clothe them and brush their hair.  The first one out was Sweet-pea (1), I dressed her and put her down to play then out came Hobble-bobble (2).  I dressed her put on her boot for her ankle and put her down to play.  Then I hear this huge splash coming from the bathroom and hear Nathan say, " OH MY GOSH!!"  I run to the bathroom and am feeling dread at the sight of Sweet-pea sitting in the bath tub with her clothes on!  Not planning for her to jump into the bathtub I did not have a back up outfit on hand for church since laundry was still in process, so I stripped her down and threw her outfit into the dryer!  Then I hear Nathan again, "UM....Toneka COME HERE!!"  I go in the bathroom and see him looking at a huge black tick stuck on the back of Little Bear's head just above her hairline.  Of course we didn't want to tell her that a bug was stuck on her head so we told her she had a bump on her head and I had to fix it.  I tried smothering it with Vaseline hoping it would back out but it didn't.   So Nathan began to operate, he heated a small needle with a lighter and was able to pull it off with the tweezers at the same time.  Little Bear (4) was amazed that there was a bug on her head, that is, after we got him off her.  We continued to try to get ready to get out the door and the clock did not stop for us.  We had 20 minutes left for Nathan & I to get ready, put everyone in the car, make bottles, and dress the baby.    We finally made it to church 10 minutes after the service began and while taking the kids out of the car Goobies (7mo) pukes all over herself!   The girls were really excited to be there except for Sweet-pea (1) and Goobies (7mo).  I ended up in the nursery with them the entire time.  Anytime I was out of sight for either of them they started crying.

After church we went to get the kids from their classes.  The very first thing they did was start fighting with each other the minute they got into the hallway!  It then continued all the way out the door, into the parking lot and the whole way home.  I knew they were just tired and hungry since it was that time of day.  Once we were home they ate lunch and went to their beds for "quiet time."  Our plan yesterday was to clean up the house and get that back in order from when everyone was sick.  We needed to start with the kitchen, we cleaned the kitchen for three hours!!  We did two loads of dishes in the dishwasher, and then washed the rest by hand.  We pine soled the counters, cabinets, appliances etc.  It felt good to finally get that out of the way!!

Of course getting everyone back on schedule is going to be far from easy but we will get there!!

No comments:

Post a Comment