Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Update on my assault in the driveway....

So just a quick update about yesterday.  I saw my neighbor outside today and wanted to go talk to her but was a little worried she would be upset with us; so I took a breath, prayed that God would give me the words to say and walked out the back door.  When I looked up she was smiling at me and said "HEY!"  (I was so relieved!)  I said hello back and told her I was so sorry that we called the cops yesterday and that I said something to him but it just got under my skin and I can't let people talk like that about my family.  She said, "oh no, you didn't do anything wrong at all I would have probably been even worse if it were me!"  I also told her that I believe God doesn't waste anything and that if this happened to us because she needed to see his true colors then I would gladly go through it all over again for her!  She said that that is exactly what it did, it really opened her eyes and she hasn't talked to him since.  I also learned he had a lot to drink, and had two other altercations with people at other places before he came to her house and took it out on us.  He has a lot going on in his life so we'll be praying for him that things will make a turn for the better for him!

1 comment:

  1. read last night and tonite. Thanks for sharing. I am sorry you had to 'walk through' this but we all know as followers of Christ that nothing happens without a purpose. So glad you could see a little of this one - I say a little because you know there's prolly still even more you might find out or might not. Please include others like him in your prayers, there's a lot of folks out there like this, and though love is called to cover sin, and that is a good thing, many don't see just how prevalent folks like this are! They are truly troubled and need repentance and the Lord in their lives to see the light and realize the blessing of life and be contented. Sin is so awful! Thanks for praying for this one that you encountered!

    ReplyDelete