Saturday, November 23, 2013

Update on our house.....

In the words of my 7 year old, Ay yi yi!!  We got more news on our house situation this morning and it was not promising.  After living here for two months we've made this house a home!  I strive to keep it clean all the time (although it does get away from me often during the week when we homeschool) because it is God's house that was given to us and we need to make sure we treat it with respect and take care of it.  I've made sure I sweep the floors daily and mop once a week because I do not want to ever take for granted that we have this home.  We have gotten our family on a schedule, and gotten things back to normal around here the last three weeks and even began our search for a new home church last week.  Nathan and I even talked about our desire to start a church and use the play room here to meet in for now, after all our desire for this home was to use it for God whether it be filling up all the bedrooms with our children, adopted children, foster children or just maybe His desire would be to fill the house with the church family we've been seeking!  Those desires haven't changed in our hearts and only makes that desire grow!  

After waiting for our short sale on the home to be approved for the third time, we got news this morning that the new mortgage company (and I may  not be explaining this quite right) #1 does not do short sales, #2 feels they can get 40k more out of the house if they put it into foreclosure.  They have scheduled the house to be put into foreclosure on  Wed, day before Thanksgiving!  From what I have been told our attorney is continuing to work on this and we will hopefully know more Monday.  

My first reaction to this was that I'm not worried, God is in Control, it will work out.  But as time went on today I began to feel sick about it, I mean, weds. does not give us much time to get things ironed out! After talking to Nathan we gathered the girls in the foyer and explained to them (in kid terms) what was happening.  There was many tears but we also explained to them that we were trusting God.  As we encouraged our children that God was in control, and reminded them of all the prayers he has answered for us: I prayed and asked God to allow me to have children, We prayed and asked God to heal our 4th child after having a positive DS test while pregnant, We prayed for this house and we are LIVING in it, We prayed he would normalize our 6th child's heart rate during birth; I was encouraged and realized that I have nothing to fear!  A week before we got the first short sale approval on this home we came over to the house and prayed over the property and claimed it for our family in Jesus Name and a week later they approved it so why can't God do that now!?  We all held hands and prayed as a family and cried and asked God to give us favor!  We (as a family) took anointing oil and prayed over every window, every door, all around the property line, every room, and every porch- asking God to not allow anyone to take it from us and to bless us with this home in Jesus Name!  

Tonight as we settle down and get ready for dinner and get ready to put the kids to bed we are still feeling broken, and lost.  I've continued to pray continually, seeking out wisdom from the Lord and asking for peace, yet I still feel so unsettled in my spirit.  I know that I just need to come to the place where I can say "even if we have to leave we want your will to be done."   "Even if we have to leave we know you have a better plan."  I've been listening to the song "we won't be shaken" by Building 429.  The lyrics to that song are like my life's motto, and yet it's exactly what I needed to hear:  This world has nothing for me
This life is not my own
I know you go before me
And I am not alone
This mountain rises higher
This way seems so unclear
But I know that you go with me
I will trust in you
       
You know my every longing
You've heard my every prayer
You've held me in my weakness
Cause you are always there
So I'll stand in full surrender
It's your way and not my own
My mind is set on nothing less
Than you and you alone
I will not be moved oh

Whatever will come my way
Through fire or pouring rain
We won't be shaken
No we won't be shaken
Whatever tomorrow brings
Together we'll rise and sing
That we won't be shaken

This is my prayer, and the song in my heart this week as we move forward and strive to do God's will for our family.  I never know the outcome of any situation we find ourselves in but I do know that there has always been a light at the end of the tunnel and there has never been any situation we've gone through where I haven't been able to look back and say, "wow look what God did!"   I'm looking forward to that day with our home!  Please continue to pray for us this week!!  Love you all!  
 


1 comment:

  1. Toneka we have a friend that is going thru a similar situation. However theirs did not allow them to stay in the house. I will be praying for you all. God's will be done.

    ReplyDelete