Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Impatiently waiting for spring......

Things around here has been super busy the last month or so.  I had enrolled in two classes this semester before we found out I was expecting and so far it has been SUPER challenging to keep up with things!  I'm starting to come out of my first trimester but still have ZERO energy, and feel terrible most every day!

We are in pure survival mode right now!  We've reverted from eating healthy to eating whatever is easy, frozen pizza, hotdogs, cereal, sandwiches, as long as I don't have to stand up and cook it we will eat it right now.  I attempted to make some taco's last night and upon putting the meat in the pan I almost lost my cookies all over the stove!  I had to have Nathan finish up dinner!  I just couldn't take the smell!  It is not uncommon right now to order pizza 3x a week!  I feel terribly guilty because we ALL need to be eating healthier especially Nathan and I but I just can't swing it right now!  Hopefully we can start detoxing from all this junk within the next week!!  I am looking forward to nice homemade meals again!
I've signed the girls up again for online school, Time4learning.com.  We did this last year for part of the year while I was in my first trimester and had to go back to doing it again this year because I am just so tired!  Even Hobble-bobble gets to do school now online.  She is LOVING school!  She has been begging me all year long to do school, but I've put it off because it will be easier for me to start her when she is 5 next year, but she is thriving at it!!  She will sit and do school all day if I let her-- which I normally don't mind!

I've been impatiently waiting for the spring weather to hit!  We had a nice warm week last week, the girls played outside every day and now it is cold again.  I will be SO happy to have sunshine and work outside in our new garden this spring!!  I want warm weather so badly I can taste it!!

We also lost our beloved cat this month.  Elliott went out the door on Valentines day and hasn't returned.  In the past I've not been much of an animal person so 5 years ago it wouldn't have hit me very hard, however; Pumpkin loves her animals and watching her heart break over this has really killed me!  I've been posting photos everywhere of him, but we've not found him!  We are still hoping he will come back though!  I stopped by Petsmart the other day, and they had some cats for adoption!  I had picked one out and got to the cash register but when I called Pumpkin to see what she thought, she said she would rather wait and see if Elliott comes back.

We also lost our two bunnies last month so we went ahead and got two new baby bunnies.  They are adorable!!  SO tiny!  We are keeping them inside right now until we repair our bunny cage outside but I can't hardly get the kids to leave them alone!

I'm looking forward to getting my energy back SOON!  I have so much on my list to get done, painting the inside of the house, new shutters on the outside, taxes, appointments to make, garden to plan and I can't wait to get started!!    

No comments:

Post a Comment